Kidney Disease Resources
1. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) is the Federal Government’s lead agency for scientific research on the diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that are not generally considered part of conventional medicine.
- LIVESTRONG.COM offers diet, nutrition and fitness tips for a healthier lifestyle. Achieve your health goals with LIVESTRONG.COM, practical food and fitness tools, expert resources and an engaged community.
- NutraIngredients-USA.com is a daily online news service available as a free-access website and provides daily and weekly newsletters to subscribers.The service seeks out news stories and data of value to decision-makers in the North American dietary supplements and functional food markets.The NutraIngredients-USA.com team is led by award-winning journalists. They scan all available scientific, technical and industry sources and search out previously unpublished material, primary data and expert opinions in all areas of significance to the target audience.
4. The Nourished Kitchen:
- Nourished Kitchen’s goal is to promote sustainable agriculture and nutrient-dense, whole foods in everyday kitchens. The focus here is on whole, unrefined foods prepared according to traditional methods that optimize nutrient density. Cherish your body, nourish your kitchen.
5. Science watch:
- Thomson Reuters ScienceWatch is an open Web resource for science metrics and research performance analysis. Since 1989, ScienceWatch has offered features that include data and commentary on the people, places, and topics at the forefront of science today, illustrating the power of bibliometrics for providing a prospective view into the research landscape. As a part of Thomson Reuters research analytics suite of solutions, ScienceWatch highlights the important role of research evaluation and management in support of strategic decision-making.
6. The Dairy Council of California
- Since 1919, Dairy Council of California has been an innovator in nutrition education and the dairy industry’s contribution to community health. They produce balanced nutrition education programs and resources, which are free in California, for schools, health professionals’ offices, and workplace wellness programs.
7. The Mayo Clinic:
- Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization committed to clinical practice, education, and research, providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
8. The National Institutes of Health:
- A part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NIH is the largest biomedical research agency in the world.